1. Teams that play on 60' fields can only use a bat with a diameter of
2. For teams that play on 70' or 75' bases in the league we recommend the inclusion of the -3 bat during tournament play, however we will allow bats 2 3/4", minus 8 1/2" or less, 2 5/8" minus 10 or less or 2 1/4". Wood bats are allowed.
3. For 13/14 Division teams that play on 90' bases can only use -3 bats. Wood bats are allowed The 15/16U and 17/18U divisions can only use wood bats. No wood/composite bats are allowed in these divisions.
1. Avoid Contact Rule: applies at all Diamond Pros games: "A runner who fails to make a reasonable attempt to avoid a collision with a defensive player shall be called out. Any other runner advancing on the play shall be required to return to the last base visited. In the event that an umpire determines that a collision was flagrant (i.e., attempting to bowl over the catcher when it is clear that he has the ball and is waiting to apply the tag...), he has the authority to eject the offending player from the game. In the event of an ejection, that player will be suspended for the following game or longer"
2. Each team will be home team in one of the 2 games of a doubleheader. Home team for the game supplies balls for that game. Umpires are paid prior to the beginning of the first game.
3. Follow the typical MLB rules unless specified in this set of rules. THERE ARE NO HOUSE RULES REGARDING PLAYING RULES.
4. Reentry rule:A starting player, who has been removed from the game, may be reinserted once under the following conditions:
A. The player must return to his original spot in the batting order.
5. Infield fly: pertains to the 12+ division and older.
6. Teams have the option of using one or two extra hitters according to the following rules and conditions:
7. Mound Visits: The Manager is permitted to visit the mound twice in any inning and a maximum of three times per pitcher per game without removing the pitcher. Any visit in excess of the allowed visits must be for the purpose of making pitching change. A visit to the mound resulting from an injury is not to be considered as one of the
8. A forfeiture will be awarded under the following circumstances:
9. In any 51-70 division, there are dropped third strikes, infield fly and regular leading. One warning per pitcher, instruction and then enforcement with balks.
10. In all six inning games there is a 2 hour limit, no inning may start after 1 hour 45 minutes. In all seven inning games there is a two hour 30 minute limit, no inning may start after 2 hour 15 minutes. In all games, any inning started must finish unless mercy rules applies Tied games can be played one extra inning if within the time limit.
11. There is a ten run mercy rule in the 12+Division after 4 complete innings; the inning does not have to be completed after the fourth inning for the mercy rule to apply. No equal at bats after 4 complete innings.
12. There is a ten run mercy rule in the 13U-18U after 5 complete innings, the inning does not have to be completed after the fifth inning for the mercy rule to apply. No equal at bats after 5 complete innings.
13. Any rule discrepancy must be protested immediately with the umpire and tournament director.
14. Respect the game, respect the fields and respect each other.
15. Any ejection by a player or coach will result in a one game suspension to be served in the next game.